Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » Radiance XD User Support » Calibration newbie(Calman or Chromapure)
Calibration newbie Wed, 14 September 2016 20:02 Go to next message
slack is currently offline slack
I own an original XD connected to a JVC RS-1 (still loving the picture.) It was calibrated when I first got it and not since. So I think I will take a shot at calibrating it myself going forward. I would like opinions on the best system to auto calibrate between Chromapure and Calman. If they are equally easy to use, which is preferred for results. What ever I get will also be used to calibrate my future OLED HDR 65 inch display, whatever it ends up being. Thanks in advance.

Also, my XD is in a cabinet about 20 feet from my screen. To do autocal, the XD needs to be connected to the PC, and I believe so does the color analyzer, which needs to be relatively close to the screen, I believe. This would require a rather long cable between the PC and analyzer. This is not an unusual theater setup so I am assuming members have used autocal in the type of environment. Is this an issue?
Slack

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2016 20:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Calibration newbie Thu, 15 September 2016 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon, Convergent-AV is currently offline Gordon, Convergent-AV
Lumagen Expert
Convergent AV
I suggest Lightspace HTL by LightIllusion for best LUT creation myself

Distributor of Lumagen products in EU
WWW.CONVERGENT-AV.CO.UK
Re: Calibration newbie Wed, 21 September 2016 23:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am a bit confused about what's needed and the physical setup to calibrate with autocal function. To perform both grayscale and CMS calibration, does the PC need to be connected to both the Lumagen XD and the colorimeter at the same time, or do I disconnect from the XD after grayscale and connect the PC (moved laptop closer to the screen) to the colorimeter for CMS. I ask because my XD is about 20 feet from the screen, and if I have to have both (Colorimeter & XD) connected to the PC, I will need a very long cable (USB) to run to the colorimeter. I will be using Autocal.

Re: Calibration newbie Thu, 22 September 2016 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon, Convergent-AV is currently offline Gordon, Convergent-AV
Lumagen Expert
Convergent AV
The probe is attacched to the pc and the scaler is attached to the pc. You need two USB sockets on your laptop. I use a 5m and a 2m serial cable connected together to attach to any Radiance and this has so far worked in every job i have come to...but i did just order a 10m null modem cable as i have a large job to do in London where i fear the equipment in the plant room is some distance from the actual cinema screen.

Distributor of Lumagen products in EU
WWW.CONVERGENT-AV.CO.UK
Re: Calibration newbie Fri, 23 September 2016 16:39 Go to previous message
Thanks, Gordon. I assumed this was the correct configuration (cables), but I needed confirmation. I was surprised I did not get responses on the forums (AVS, LUMAGEN) from more Radiance users. I assumed many people had a similar setup with the video processor in a cabinet or room not close to the screen (colorimeter) and were using auto calibrate. Anyway, thanks for your time.
Previous Topic:Radiance Pro with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2
Next Topic:Audioformats with HDMI in and Spdif out
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Dec 15 04:02:49 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01000 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion