Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » Radiance XD User Support » Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC?(Consumer Electronics Control (CEC))
Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Thu, 21 November 2013 11:07 Go to next message
StooMonster is currently offline StooMonster
I was just watching a video about the PlayStation 4 supporting HDMI-CEC -- the addition to HDMI that allows your display's remote to control playback from up to 15 source devices -- and out of curiosity wondered how Lumagen's VPs handled this control system.

Do Radiances pass-through HDMI-CEC signals?

Thanks.

Use Your TV Remote Control on Your PlayStation 4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#CEC
Re: Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Wed, 27 November 2013 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim_peterson
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Guru
The Radiance units pass-through the HDMI CEC signal as called out in the HDMI spec. This is literally a wire between all inputs and one output. So the Radiance does nothing internally, but just connects CEC from input to output.

For two output units, CEC is passed through to output 1 and for the single output RadianceMini-3D, it is passed through to the single output. Note that the HDMI spec allows CEC pass-through to only one output.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
Re: Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Wed, 27 November 2013 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
StooMonster is currently offline StooMonster
Excellent, thanks for that comprehensive reply.
Re: Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Fri, 10 February 2017 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thriftwood is currently offline thriftwood
Hi
Can you clarify if this works the same way with the Pro4442 with 18GHz card please? With this configuration, output one is limited to audio only I believe.

Also it would be really really nice if the CEC output could be configured rather than always defaulting to Output 1. In my configuration Output 1 is audio only. 2 goes to the projector and 3/4 go to TVs in other rooms. I would then be able to control the source from the remote location through CEC.
Perhaps on the memory configuration section where you choose which output does what (Off/Video/Audio/Both) other options could be added to enable CEC for a designated output?
Re: Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Sat, 11 February 2017 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon, Convergent-AV is currently offline Gordon, Convergent-AV
Lumagen Expert
Convergent AV
It'd be good if you could email this question and request to the radiance Pro beta support email

radiancepro_beta@lumagen.com

Distributor of Lumagen products in EU
WWW.CONVERGENT-AV.CO.UK
Re: Do Radiance support HDMI-CEC? Sun, 12 February 2017 14:08 Go to previous message
thriftwood is currently offline thriftwood
Gordon
Hi
I've sent an Email - thank you
Richard
Previous Topic:RadianceXD issue
Next Topic:French Language Support (Soutien Fran├žais)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 26 13:02:13 BST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion