Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » VisionDVI/HDP and HDP Pro User Support » Its been such a long time ... output from amp?(Multiple inputs to amp, one amp output to lumagen?)
Its been such a long time ... output from amp? Thu, 18 June 2015 19:00 Go to next message
johnccfc is currently offline johnccfc
I have a blu ray player and a sky box going into an AV amp.
(quite clever amp, can pass through etc)

one signal to will be 1080p (among others) and one 1080i

can I take the hdmi output from the amp (Denon AVR3000), that carries two different signals/resolutions, into a single lumagen input?

(I hang my head in shame but have just moved and got a new amp and its been so long ...)

Thanks

[Updated on: Thu, 18 June 2015 19:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Its been such a long time ... output from amp? Thu, 18 June 2015 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon, Convergent-AV is currently offline Gordon, Convergent-AV
Lumagen Expert
Convergent AV
Yes you can and the lumagen has different sub memories for 1080i, 480/576, 720p and other (1080P24) However, you must remember that Vision series units do not support INPUT of any 1080P signal greater than 1080P24.

I'd suggest that it's probably a good time to update to a newer RADIANCE model, even a s/h one, as you will get a vastly superior image in the process

Distributor of Lumagen products in EU
WWW.CONVERGENT-AV.CO.UK
Re: Its been such a long time ... output from amp? Thu, 18 June 2015 19:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gordon,

Thanks so much for your swift response.

1080p24 is probably enough just for the moment.

I'm hoping that a replacement is a little way off just now, but I shall start some nosing about.

Can it handle 3D?
(sky)

Thanks
Re: Its been such a long time ... output from amp? Thu, 18 June 2015 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found my answer

it does yay !!!!

Thanks Gordon
Re: Its been such a long time ... output from amp? Fri, 19 June 2015 09:03 Go to previous message
Gordon, Convergent-AV is currently offline Gordon, Convergent-AV
Lumagen Expert
Convergent AV
It can only handle SKYHD 3D as it is broadcast side by side images so it doesn't look any different to a normal 1080i broadcast to the scaler. Any other 3D is not supported. Also, be aware that I think Sky themselves are closing down their 3D channel very soon as there is no demand....so get it while you can...

Distributor of Lumagen products in EU
WWW.CONVERGENT-AV.CO.UK
Previous Topic:Lumagen HDQ seems to be dead
Next Topic:SKY HD: W A R N I N G.........READ IMMEDIATELY
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jan 22 16:14:09 GMT 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion