Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » VisionDVI/HDP and HDP Pro User Support » Feature request Screensaver
Feature request Screensaver Tue, 08 August 2006 08:36 Go to next message
scottc is currently offline scottc

Screensaver[ 15 votes ]
1.Agree it would be useful 10 / 67%
2.Disagree it would be useful 0 / 0%
3.Not bothered 5 / 33%

I've requested this feature before and had good feedback but wanted to see if and when it is at all possible. It is especially important now that Sky seem to think the screen burn is "no longer an issue, with newer screens". Obviously we all love convenience of Live Pause with Sky+/HD, however I find myself avoiding using it because the Pause symbol never moves. Since sky refuse to move it around the screen, I turn to the Masters at Lumagen. Simple screen blanking when a static image is displayed for a pre-set time will be a god send or even better moving lumagen logo.

Thoughts?

Scott

[Updated on: Tue, 08 August 2006 08:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature request Screensaver Tue, 08 August 2006 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perkele is currently offline perkele
I second that!

I've been requesting this very same feature at least couple of times before.

As a CRT user myself, I've been constantly worried about static images for longer periods (hours). Worst case scenario is that I've been taking a few too many beers watching Discovery and passed out. After that the static Discovery logo appears on a bright white screen for the whole morning - good bye even tube faces! Very Happy

Proud owner of Lumagen VisionPro HDP
My Theater: dvdfreax.com
Re: Feature request Screensaver Wed, 16 August 2006 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
timmorris is currently offline timmorris
Lumagen Expert
Sky have obviously realised that screen burn is an issue as the end of recording banner times out after a few minutes and you are dropped back into live broadcasts. I tend to go to bed and pull up a Sky+ recording and often fall asleep halfway through only to wake up to see the banner until they changed it in software. I can only see it on very bright images but I have a lovely Sky+ banner burned into the middle of my 17" portable in the bedroom.

It isn't a massive issue as I'm intending to replace it with an LCD HD ready widescreen and will drive it from the Sky analogue HD output using passive baluns over CAT5

Tim

[Updated on: Wed, 16 August 2006 14:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature request Screensaver Wed, 16 August 2006 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miron
This would be great.
I know someone who fell asleep while watching the movie (obviously bad one) and after movie was finnished his DVD jumped into menu and stayed tehre for several hours. Result was temporary burn in on his Pioneer that needed long time to go away.

But this also means it should be "smart" screensaver that should be able to recognize menu????

Vision HDQ user

Re: Feature request Screensaver Wed, 16 August 2006 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miron wrote on Wed, 16 August 2006 12:26

But this also means it should be "smart" screensaver that should be able to recognize menu????

Think this would be more difficult, I would be happy with any static image triggering the screensaver as a starting point.

Scott
Re: Feature request Screensaver Thu, 17 August 2006 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remix_88 is currently offline remix_88

My wife often tunes in to one of the radio stations provided by Freeview, which has a static image. She never turns the screen off despite me explaining why she should do it and even putting a nice big button on the Pronto remote in the the Radio screen.

Would love some help on this domestic problem please Wink

Regards, Martin.
Arcam AVR250 & DV78, PaceTwin PVR (DVB-T/Freeview), Lumagen VisionDVI (ISF), Panasonic TH-42PHD8BK (ISF), 3x A'Diva, 2x Nucleus Micro, MJA Ref 100, Pronto RU940, Stressless Seats.
Re: Feature request Screensaver Thu, 17 August 2006 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miron
know this well

you need some sort of controller that sends display to standby as soon as she tunes in.

i did simmilar too with my controller as soon as tuner is selected. it is pain sometimes but it must be.

Vision HDQ user

Re: Feature request Screensaver Thu, 17 August 2006 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
remix_88 is currently offline remix_88

Yep, I have consider just sending a screen off command when she selects a radio station.

Regards, Martin.
Arcam AVR250 & DV78, PaceTwin PVR (DVB-T/Freeview), Lumagen VisionDVI (ISF), Panasonic TH-42PHD8BK (ISF), 3x A'Diva, 2x Nucleus Micro, MJA Ref 100, Pronto RU940, Stressless Seats.
Re: Feature request Screensaver Sat, 12 May 2007 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Could someone at lumagen give us a heads up on this? Is it possible and is it something likely to be implemented.

Scott
Re: Feature request Screensaver Mon, 14 May 2007 19:32 Go to previous message
RandyFreeman is currently offline RandyFreeman
Lumagen Expert
We've had this request before and it's a good idea. I've added "screen-saver" to the potential feature list.

Best regards,
Randy Freeman

Randy Freeman
support@lumagen.com
Previous Topic:annoying horizontal green lines
Next Topic:Sky HD Setup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 12 23:31:20 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04002 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion