Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » VisionDVI/HDP and HDP Pro User Support » IR control messed up in 122305
IR control messed up in 122305 Fri, 30 December 2005 18:22 Go to next message
baileych is currently offline baileych
Anyone else having IR control problems?

Seems only to respond to the "power on" command after you've manually switched the unit off, all other attempts to use the remote don't work.

Rolling back to 100405 fixed the problem; I haven't tried any firmwares in between.

Thanks,

Charles.
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Tue, 03 January 2006 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update... the 111205 update works fine.
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Sun, 08 January 2006 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
baileych wrote on Tue, 03 January 2006 23:04

Update... the 111205 update works fine.

But the same issue occurs with 122705. Is this a known problem, or am I the only one with this?

Thanks,

Charles.
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Sun, 08 January 2006 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce M.
Every 10-15 times, my HDPro won't turn on or off with the remote, nor will it boot up with the buttons on the face of unit. The only way to get it to behave is to unplug it from power, wait, and push the Power button a few times.

Wierd. And this is with essentially a new unit, as Jim has already swapped out the brains once. It doesn't seem to change with updates, though, so this is probably something different.

Bruce M.
Lumagen HDPRO Beta
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Sun, 08 January 2006 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce M. wrote on Sun, 08 January 2006 21:12

Every 10-15 times, my HDPro won't turn on or off with the remote, nor will it boot up with the buttons on the face of unit. The only way to get it to behave is to unplug it from power, wait, and push the Power button a few times.

Wierd. And this is with essentially a new unit, as Jim has already swapped out the brains once. It doesn't seem to change with updates, though, so this is probably something different.

Sounds like it's something different, mine always responds to the front panel... although it's 39 pushes of the input button to get from input 0B to input 0A!

And I've tried the unplug power, wait, powerup again procedure and it doesn't help for me. Only going back to the old firmware.
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Mon, 09 January 2006 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin is currently offline pharkin
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
baileych: there's no known IR issues but you might want to try replacing the batteries in the remote. I've had low batteries give me wierd results but I can't explain why 111205 would be any different than 122705 as far as IR reception--there was no change to the code that handles that.
Re-reading your 1st post though I'm not sure of something--you say it only repsonds to power-on after turning off. Thats normal that only a power-on command is accepted if the unit is off. Once its "on" it then responds to other commands.
Also, a couple other questions---are you using the original remote or a programmed remote? Do you have anything connected to the serial port during normal operation?
After you check on these things you might want to send me a copy of your config file which you can upload to a PC with the config utility from our website. Send it to support@lumagen.com .
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Tue, 10 January 2006 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin wrote on Mon, 09 January 2006 21:21

baileych: there's no known IR issues but you might want to try replacing the batteries in the remote. I've had low batteries give me wierd results but I can't explain why 111205 would be any different than 122705 as far as IR reception--there was no change to the code that handles that.

Yes, I tried that Smile !
Quote:

Re-reading your 1st post though I'm not sure of something--you say it only repsonds to power-on after turning off. Thats normal that only a power-on command is accepted if the unit is off. Once its "on" it then responds to other commands.

Sorry, I wasn't totally clear, there. What I meant was that after turning off (soft off via front panel) it will turn on via the remote's "on" button sometimes. Thereafter the remote has no effect, despite the fact that the HDPPro is now on. "Off to on" is the only thing I can get the remote to do with either of the December firmwares loaded.
Quote:

Also, a couple other questions---are you using the original remote or a programmed remote? Do you have anything connected to the serial port during normal operation?

I think I tried it with the serial cable unplugged totally, but usually a PC is attached, but switched off.
Quote:

After you check on these things you might want to send me a copy of your config file which you can upload to a PC with the config utility from our website. Send it to support@lumagen.com .

Next time, I have the dedicate "Lumagen Update PC" switched on, I'll grab the config file.

Thanks for your help,

Charles.
Re: IR control messed up in 122305 Wed, 11 January 2006 21:32 Go to previous message
I've just emailed you my current configuration file.

I retried installing 122705 firmware and unplugging the RS232 cable. After installing the firmware the LCD backlight comes on but otherwise the unit is in "standby". It responded to me pressing "On" on the remote, but nothing else.

I switched off via the front panel, then pulled the power cord, waiting a few seconds and plugged it back in again. Briefly, once it had booted up it did respond to the remote. I was able to cycle through the status messages using the OK button, and change to a different input memory.

However, after the status message had timed out, the unit stopped responding to remote messages once again and I was unable to get it to respond again by doing a soft off/on via the front panel.

Reverting to 111205 once again enabled the remote to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help,

Charles.
Previous Topic:Poss Prob with new Firmware?
Next Topic:Release 111205 initial impressions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Nov 13 00:53:24 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion