Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » VisionDVI/HDP and HDP Pro User Support » Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware
Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Sat, 13 August 2005 10:09 Go to next message
oliverlim is currently offline oliverlim
Hi,

I am seeing blue dots in the dark areas of the picture in all my DVD's in the 10/8/05 firmware. It seems that fixing the dvd output noise issue has just made this problem worse for me. I have reverted to the 9/8/05 firmware which does not have this issue for me. Was this what some people are complaining about and was fixed in the 10/8/05?

No settings was changed and chaging the black lvl does nothing to make it better.

Thanks
Oliver
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Sat, 13 August 2005 16:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eitzel is currently offline Eitzel
I agree that there is a lot of noise on the latest update and also a marked loss in picture resolution. I too have gone back to 080905 and everything looks superb again.

"Don't you wonder sometimes, 'Bout sound and vision?"
Pioneer PDP-LX5090(ISF by Gordon Fraser), Lumagen Radiance XD,OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray,Yamaha RX-A810 AV amp,Pace SKY+HD box,MA RS5 main, RSLCR ctr and RSFX rs spks with a Wharfedale SW-150 sub.
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Mon, 15 August 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarkMorton is currently offline MarkMorton
Yeah, same here. DVI out with PAL source (Sky) gives pink/red noise on some dark areas and faces of people.

Going back to 072605 doesn't appear to have this problem.

Thanks

Mark
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Tue, 16 August 2005 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin is currently offline pharkin
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
Yes, we've now see that here too and will have a fix posted asap.
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Tue, 16 August 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piers is currently offline Piers
Patrick,

What intrigues me is that I have got a very similar set-up, Sky+ into the HDP and DVI out. Having seen the original post I have looked at the picture here ad infinitum and there isn't a trace of pink pixels. Am I blind, or is the fact that I am inputing the Sky signal via SDI the answer or is it specific to certain combinations of source / display device?

Piers Clerk
Home Cinema Engineering
www.homecinemaengineering.com
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Wed, 17 August 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using a SCART to RGBSync cable into input 3 from the SKY box and DVI out via a DVI adaptor into an HDMI cable. This usually works a treat.

Pioneer PDP-LX5090(ISF by Gordon Fraser), Lumagen Radiance XD,OPPO BDP-83 Blu-ray,Yamaha RX-A810 AV amp,Pace SKY+HD box,MA RS5 main, RSLCR ctr and RSFX rs spks with a Wharfedale SW-150 sub.
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Wed, 17 August 2005 19:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
Piers, its an issue of timing margins within chips in the unit and since the devices vary a bit themselves some units will see an issue and others will not. We didn't allow for enough margin so we're redoing part of the update.
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Thu, 18 August 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
New update (081605) just posted to the Lumagen update page should fix this issue.
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Thu, 18 August 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GetGray is currently offline GetGray
Man can you believe how fast these guys address this stuff. I wish all my components support was like this. Somebody points out a problem and poof, they fix it AND let us do the updates (they all dont') Thanks Patrick!
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Fri, 19 August 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarkMorton is currently offline MarkMorton
Thanks for that, checked out the new firmware on last night and it looks good!

Cheers,

Mark
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Fri, 19 August 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is a marked increase in image acuity and luminosity with the 081605 update. Everything looks as solid as a rock now. Well done guys. Marvellous!

Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Fri, 19 August 2005 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gazza982
Yes well done Lumagen I'm really happy with the HDP Pro now, pic is amazing.

Gaz

Bryston SP1.7,2 x Bryston 7B SSTs,Bryston 6B SST,B&W Nautilus 800s/HTM2D/803Ds,Arcam DV27A(SDI).Pioneer 50MXE-1 & 503MXE,Lumagen VisionPro HDP,Marantz CD7, Nordost Valhalla & Atlas Navigator XLR ICs/Spk cable, Supra LoRad/Wattgate 350 to dedicated circuits
Re: Noise in dark areas of 10/8/05 firmware Wed, 24 August 2005 18:36 Go to previous message
Paul B. is currently offline Paul B.
Uploaded 0816 and can confirm this firmware is stunningly rock solid. Even my freeview channels, including the crap signal ones have seen a marked improvement, sport is good now, news tickers dont stutter or tear and for once the sign language overlaid man has been spared. Films are almost as good as from the DVD. This is great great great!! Many thanks to the Lumagen engineers for all the hard work (esp. on PAL).

[Updated on: Wed, 24 August 2005 18:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Release checking
Next Topic:081605 Release - comments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Nov 13 00:46:45 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion