Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » Radiance XD User Support » Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations?
Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Fri, 14 January 2011 23:53 Go to next message
actarusfleed is currently offline actarusfleed
Hi to all.
I use radiance and I'm very happy with it.
Perfect calibartions!

I Think that this scaler will be a PERFECT MACHINE if the staff implement some kind of staturation calibration options.

I mean a correction for primaries and secondaries @0% SAT; 25%SAT; 50%SAT and 75%SAT.

so I've got two big questions for you:
1)Tecnically is It possible to implement this functions in the radiance?
2)Do You'll work on it?

Thank you so much.

Francesco
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sat, 15 January 2011 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coliny is currently offline Coliny
I would also like to see this feature added. Currently both HCFR and Chromapure support these measurements and having these testpatterns would be very helpful.

It will also make it easier to demonstrate how much better the Radiance CMS is compared to some others Smile
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sat, 15 January 2011 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Coliny wrote on Sat, 15 January 2011 01:41

It will also make it easier to demonstrate how much better the Radiance CMS is compared to some others Smile

Surely!
This feature will be a "added value" that nobody else have in this moment! Wink

We hope and wait for a staff confirmation ... Smile

francesco
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sun, 16 January 2011 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RadianceXS is currently offline RadianceXS
I wrote this post long time ago: http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/forum/index.php?t=msg&got o=15028&rid=780&S=a799c7648a9866cd82b0c9403cc0e8b5

Regards

[Updated on: Sun, 16 January 2011 07:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sun, 16 January 2011 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RadianceXS wrote on Sun, 16 January 2011 07:40

I wrote this post long time ago: http://www.convergent-av.co.uk/forum/index.php?t=msg&got o=15028&rid=780&S=a799c7648a9866cd82b0c9403cc0e8b5

Regards

Hi, I read your post .... You write:
Quote:

I know that Radiance can not fix these bugs, but I would like not have to resort to external signal generators, in order to verify this point.

Can you explain me why Radiance is not cabable to correct for example a red75%SAT?
I know very well that in this moment radiance do not give this feature but ....
I can't see any difference between a correction @75Sat and one @100sat . Confused

We hardly need some confirmation from the Lumagen's staff.

We wait.

Francesco.
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Mon, 17 January 2011 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin is currently offline pharkin
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
So currently we have points for calibration that cover each corner of a 3D RGB cube as well as 21 points on the diagonal of this cube referred to as our 21 point grayscale setting.

Our color field patterns which can be changed between full field/window and small windows have an IRE adjustment from 0-100 in steps of 5, but this is not the same as saturation. We have some desaturated fields but they are not 75%. We may want to look at changing them to 25/50/75% fields.

You can make adjustments using external 75% saturated patterns but when you're using a 75% saturated color field you're adjusting it with our adjustment points at 100% so you could potentially crush the color when it's saturated beyond 75%. So you should check the 100% saturated pattern for this.

We need to do some more fpga work for 3D and after that see where we stand on room that's left and what else we can fit in. It is possible to do, it's just a question of room left in the fpga.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 January 2011 19:44]

Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Mon, 17 January 2011 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 19:41

It is possible to do, it's just a question of room left in the fpga.

YYESSSS!!!! Smile
It will be fantastic!!!
Radiance became the PERFECT Calibration machine!
We can go beyond every not-linear display response!

I pray that remains room left in fpga.

What time do you need to comprehend if this will be possible?

thank you so much,
francesco
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Mon, 31 January 2011 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lunken is currently offline lunken
This would be a really lovely feature!
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Mon, 31 January 2011 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alex_t is currently offline alex_t
Lumagen Expert
actarusfleed wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 20:51

pharkin wrote on Mon, 17 January 2011 19:41

It is possible to do, it's just a question of room left in the fpga.

YYESSSS!!!! Smile
It will be fantastic!!!
Radiance became the PERFECT Calibration machine!
We can go beyond every not-linear display response!

I pray that remains room left in fpga.

What time do you need to comprehend if this will be possible?

thank you so much,
francesco

I guess the time to be sure that 3D features work well.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 January 2011 10:26]

Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sat, 05 February 2011 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mv312r is currently offline mv312r
Just comment this feature request a bit. Currently it seems the new JVC X series projectors may have an issue with saturation tracking at 75% and below when internal CMS is used, so this feature for Radiance might come as nice rescue to that issue. This has been discussed in avsforum JVC RS50 owners thread quite a bit.

Also, I'm using my XS to calibrate my DLA-X3 (no internal CMS) and I'm encountering something that may be related to issue above. I can dial grayscale, gamma and primaries/secondaries to measure quite perfectly to Rec 709 (using Calman 4.1 direct display control and a Chroma 5), but real life viewing is showing some banding and slight green tint. I need to work on this a bit more and use my Eye One Pro to make sure my Chroma 5 is not off, but it may be that this saturation calibration might actually be useful to us X3/RS40 owners too. Given that Radiance already helps DLA-X series owners a lot with DirectTV SbS etc. 3D format issues fixing saturation stuff too might make a pile of DLA-X owners to jump to Radiance bandwagon Smile
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Fri, 18 March 2011 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ferdy777 is currently offline ferdy777
Hi there,
I'm just about to buy this fantastic machine!
I work in the AV business. I calibrate displays in Home Cinema installations.

I would to agree with actarusfleed: The possibility to calibrate also the "saturations" (primary+secondaries) would be a FANTASTIC feature in the world of e VIDEO-FINE-TUNING Shocked .
If you would implement this feature Radiance will became the FIRST CALIBRATION PROCESSOR IN THE WORLD.

I hope well.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 March 2011 21:45]

icon10.gif  Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Tue, 22 March 2011 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
v_erich is currently offline v_erich
+1 for this feature Cool
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Sun, 03 April 2011 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
amt_austin is currently offline amt_austin
This would be a really neat feature, but I am guessing, you need 3 more sets of adjustments for the 6 colors (at 25, 50, 75%)? And the Radiance would interpolate the adjustment between 2 nearest points for anything in between? For example, a pixel has 87.5% saturation and need to be corrected. The radiance would have to interpolate the adjustments from 75% correction table and 100% correction table to make the best adjustment. I guess this probably happens right now, with a "internal table" for 0% saturation with no correction, and the actual correction made for a pixel is a interpolation of the "zero correction" for no saturation and the table have are familiar with. So, for example, if you had a pixel at 50% color saturation today, half of the correction is applied. This rambling is of course very, very simplified. Hopefully adding those 3 more tables is not a big problem!
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Wed, 20 April 2011 21:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ferdy777 is currently offline ferdy777
Sad Sad Rolling Eyes When? When? hopefully I pray every night
Re: Radiance will be able to calibrate Saturations? Wed, 20 April 2011 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Nudge is currently offline Nudge
Lumagen Expert
The same here: I would very appreciate that feature Smile

Source: BDT-110, HD-XE1, VT-1S, UFS-924
Calibration: LightSpace CMS, CalMAN 5 Pro, Chroma Pure, Radiance Pro 4446, Chroma 5, C6, EODIS3, i1 pro 2, Klein K10-A
Target: JVC-X7000, TX-P65VTW60
Sound: Yamaha RX-V2067,Theater LT 3
Previous Topic:XS-3D issues
Next Topic:HDMI Handshake? Dune HD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 12 23:46:56 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion