Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » Radiance XD User Support » 3D Beta Support Thread
3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 05:40 Go to next message
jim_peterson
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Guru
We posted the first 3D Beta release on our support page today.

Please use this thread to post comments, questions, and issues on the 3D Beta software. You can also post issues with the new output config structure here. If you prefer you can report issues to us at support@lumagen.com.

When you report issues, please also include information on how to reproduce it and include which model you own. ALso, please make sure you test with the latest Beta release from our website so we have common ground to talk about.

Thanks in advance to everyone who helps us with the 3D Beta program.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Methodic is currently offline Methodic
If I do not activate the 3D for the beta version, the 3D Beta key also will serve for activate the 3D release version? or is necessary a new key?

Best regards.

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CO_JCD is currently offline CO_JCD
Having just loaded 102810 onto my XE, it seemed to work fine, ie exactly as before. I was playing around with the new Output mode structure and making a few changes to the mode settings and the XE suddenly stopped responding and fell back to standby. (This has now happened more than once, second time: screen image froze and then went into standby after a couple of seconds or so.)

No big deal and as soon as it came out of standby once more it was back and working OK. Just thought that I would feed this back. This was operating in 2D mode (I have not applied for a 3D key as yet).

I am very familiar with the previous menu structure however, in the few minutes that I was 'playing', I realised that I will have to re-learn how to cope with the 50 vs 60Hz settings within the new structure. In the old structure the key seemed to be to set the global modes once and then apply within the individual input settings.

Are you going to publish a couple of 'worked examples' to speed up the learning curve for the new, more flexible structure?

Thanks

John

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2010 19:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danik56 is currently offline danik56
have implemented this with the new HDMI 1.4 beta software?
I ask because my radiance xs still does not transmit the audio stream hdmi from panasonic the display vt20.
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jim_peterson
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Guru
CO_JCD wrote on Thu, 04 November 2010 02:08

I am very familiar with the previous menu structure however, in the few minutes that I was 'playing', I realised that I will have to re-learn how to cope with the 50 vs 60Hz settings within the new structure. In the old structure the key seemed to be to set the global modes once and then apply within the individual input settings.

Are you going to publish a couple of 'worked examples' to speed up the learning curve for the new, more flexible structure?

I am working on a manual update for the new output format. It is not that differnt in concept though. If you leave the Mode, CMS, and Style pointing to the same number (e.g. Mode0, CMS0, Style0) it works just like before. Only now you can change just the CMS, or Style, or Mode to be different.

If you have a working setup you do not need to make any changes to use the new software.

Note that the new "Auto" mode now outputs, assuming the display is capable, a rate matching the input rate at the "optimal" resolution reported by the display EDID. For example:

- 480i, 720p60, and 1080i60 outputs "p60"
- 576i, 576p, 720p50, 1080i50 outputs "p50"
- 1080p24 outputs "p24"

So for most people, the output configurations can be left at their defaults. You can of course maually select different output modes for given input rates as before.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen

[Updated on: Thu, 04 November 2010 17:57]

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Thu, 04 November 2010 20:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pharkin is currently offline pharkin
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
New beta firmware just posted, revision 102910. There were issues with the colors, proper initialization, and a couple other small bugs.

Quote:

I ask because my radiance xs still does not transmit the audio stream hdmi from panasonic the display vt20.
We're trying to get a VT20 in here to test.
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Fri, 05 November 2010 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aoshiken is currently offline aoshiken
Regarding the key for enabling 3D:
I can't use it in a couple of days/weeks

Probably not but... will the key expire?

Regards.
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Fri, 05 November 2010 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steven9x7 is currently offline Steven9x7
The key is unique and forever
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Sat, 06 November 2010 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ljg1118 is currently offline ljg1118
I have updated my Radiance XE to 3D, my projector is not "compatable" with Directv enabled 3D TV's so I am using a DVI detective. The Radiance XE 3D is having sync issues with the DVI detective in place for all Directv channels. I am running HDMI out Directv HR21 into DVI detective, and out DVI detective into Radiance XE.

I am able to get inermittent picture for 3D with video blackout about every other second. I am unable to get 2D channels either.I have 3 other Directv HR20's connected without the DVI detective that play fine. When I remove the DVI detective the 2d channels play correctly. Lastly when I run Directv HR21 into DVI detective and out DVI detective into projector all 2d and 3d play fine......

If I had to make a guess it looks like the old macrovision copy protection coming into play

[Updated on: Sat, 06 November 2010 12:32]

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Sat, 06 November 2010 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update:

Swapped hdmi cable running from Directv Box to DVI Detective all works perfect for side by side directv in this setup!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Sat, 06 November 2010 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The PIP function is not working properly after the 3D update
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Sun, 07 November 2010 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
What is it about the Pip that isn't working?
Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Mon, 08 November 2010 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syluma is currently offline syluma
3D VIEWING NOT POSSIBLE

I successfully updated my XE to 3D using beta 102910 (and the relevant key of course).

My setup includes Panasonic BD300 3D player (latest firmware - 1.4X – if I am not mistaken) + Panasonic 50VT 3D TV.

While the setup works fine in 3D without the Radiance, as soon as Radiance gets in the chain I get no 3D option on the player and of course no 3D signal in the TV.

Cables, connections etc are obviously checked and working fine.

I use output no.2 and input no.3 of the Radiance, I tried also both option on HDMI EDID (passback (TV) + default) – no difference. I also ‘’forced’’ 3D output on the player (playing by default 3D content of the disc) without luck.

Am I missing something ‘basic’ (ex. Radiance setting?) here?

edit

2D works fine

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2010 09:56]

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Mon, 08 November 2010 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
syluma is currently offline syluma
To be clear:

It seems that the player does not recognize the Radiance as a 3D capable device, thus not enabling 3D output (but only 2D - even if 3D is selected as the default output).

[Updated on: Mon, 08 November 2010 13:37]

Re: 3D Beta Support Thread Mon, 08 November 2010 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lumagen Expert
Lumagen Tech
syluma, the default EDID setting should be fine. Did you try power cycling the XE and perhaps the Panasonic player? Also, try selecting User EDID and making sure 3D is 'Yes'.
We've got a Samsung player here currently but will get a Panasonic asap. If you can send your config file to support@lumagen that might help too (download it to your pc with config utility from our website).
Previous Topic:Lumagen processor with anamorphic lens (other than 1.33x)
Next Topic:Auto Input Select (090911)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Nov 12 23:47:51 GMT 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02001 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion