Lumagen Forum
Lumagen Support Forum: Official Lumagen Video Processor & Scaler Forum

Members   Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Lumagen Video Processors & Scalers » VisionDVI/HDP and HDP Pro User Support » HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray
HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Fri, 28 December 2007 15:52 Go to next message
mwhealton is currently offline mwhealton
I have had my HDP for about a year and a half and just last evening a problem surfaced. Up till now it has been working well.
Video froze, then after about 5 seconds or a bit more the unit went through what seems to be a powerup reboot.
When frozen, there is no response to remote control commands.
Once the reboot finished, I could turn the unit back on with the remote and capture sync using the input buttons on the remote. Then everything would work fine for a while (10 minutes, maybe longer) and the lock-up would recur.
The behavior repeated about 7 times. I unplugged power from the HDP overnight, but nothing seemed to be overheated.

Various combos of cold and warm reboots of all the equipment did not seem to fix the issue.

Source: PS3, fw 1.8, playong BR of Immortal Beloved (I have played the disk before without problems).

Display: JVC HD2K.

HDP f/w: 061606.

My plan so far is to try to load up the latest firmware (in case something has become corrupted) this evening.
I'd much appreciate any diagnostic steps and/or fixes if folks have seen this behavior before.

Best to all,
Matt
Re: HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Fri, 28 December 2007 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RandyFreeman is currently offline RandyFreeman
Lumagen Expert
Hi Mat,

You could also try resetting the LumagenHDP to factory defaults by pressing "Menu 0999". If you want to keep the default values you need to do a save by pressing "Menu, Save, Ok, Ok".

Try unplugging the video sources and see if the HDP will run with just the display connected. You can display the "warmup" test pattern by pressing "Menu, TPATS, PATS, WARMUP, Ok, Ok". The warmup test pattern is safe to run for an extended period on your display.

Randy Freeman
support@lumagen.com
Re: HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Fri, 28 December 2007 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, Randy:
I'll try some of this when I get home this evening.
Matt
Re: HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Sun, 30 December 2007 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I tried both the factory reset and the internally generated 40 IRE pattern. The HDP locked up in both cases.
(After the factory reset there was only one input plugged in (the PS3). For the test pattern, all the inputs were disconnected).
So is there anything else to try?
Should I try to upgrade to the newest firmware (I ask in case the lockup, if it were to occur during the flash write, might force a factory return and thus preclude other troubleshooting options).

Thanks for the help so far.
Matt

[Updated on: Sun, 30 December 2007 23:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Wed, 02 January 2008 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RandyFreeman is currently offline RandyFreeman
Lumagen Expert
You can recover from an interrupted software update. There is a boot loader program that runs in the Lumagen for the first 10 seconds after the power is plugged in.

1. Plug in the serial cable and get everything ready to flash.
2. Plug in the power cord to the back of the Lumagen.
3. Within ten seconds start the software update.

Randy Freeman
support@lumagen.com
Re: HDP lock-up and (often) reboot during Blu-Ray Mon, 14 January 2008 03:23 Go to previous message
Hi Randy:

It has been busy this past couple of weeks, and I just got the time to get a null modem and try the f/w upgrade.
It went well, and I watched an entire film without a lockup this evening. I will post back on this thread if there are further problems.

Thanks for your help!

Matt
Previous Topic:Image stuttering with SD PAL sources
Next Topic:Weird things : HDQ and Black Pearl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Feb 16 09:33:27 GMT 2019

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02000 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Convergent AV    Light Illusion